Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 07:14 AM   #46312 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I figured, better safe than sorry. If after everything she said, I did nothing and got a call the next day saying that she had taken her life, I couldn't take that guilt.
You're exactly right. I would have called a cab, but you definitely did the right thing. However I would talk to her afterwards and explain that she can't do that again. You won't be rushing to her assistance every time she feels low, and that (maybe) if it's real next time and she does kill herself, then she needn't blame you and come haunting you. You've done all you can, been burned by it, got in trouble with people INCLUDING HER and you're done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
i think anyone in your shoes would’ve at the very least taken similar steps. i know i would. you did the right thing for your friend. like you said, the people are rightfully mad, but your heart was in the right place and it’s a risk you need to take. even if it wasn’t your friend, you just never know what mental state a person is in and i can’t imagine having to live with that “what if?”
x2 but with the caveat above.