Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Frownland a Garbage Mod Who Trolls as He Wants Cause the Other Mods Do Nothing?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #260 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post

The point is that there are things about music that are hard or even impossible to understand without a certain training, whether simply by ear or actual musical training. A Mozart might not need years of musical training to understand the complexities of music, but you or I most certainly do and we don't have that training. I'm guessing Chris does have some of that training.
I still don't agree. So you're saying that unless you can identify keys, chords, time signatures and whatever the **** else by ear, as you're a musician, you can appreciate music more than someone who can't play? You might be able to understand how the music is constructed better, but all that makes you essentially is the equivalent of a musical engineer. And an engineer may know how to build an oil refinery but would be **** at mining, no?

Much of the appreciation of music is more in the feeling it evokes in you. I don't have to know how a song is constructed to be able to enjoy it, and conversely, someone who DOES know exactly how it's constructed may not be as capable of enjoying it as me. Sometimes, ignorance can be bliss.