Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Frownland a Garbage Mod Who Trolls as He Wants Cause the Other Mods Do Nothing?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #261 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I still don't agree. So you're saying that unless you can identify keys, chords, time signatures and whatever the **** else by ear, as you're a musician, you can appreciate music more than someone who can't play? You might be able to understand how the music is constructed better, but all that makes you essentially is the equivalent of a musical engineer. And an engineer may know how to build an oil refinery but would be **** at mining, no?

Much of the appreciation of music is more in the feeling it evokes in you. I don't have to know how a song is constructed to be able to enjoy it, and conversely, someone who DOES know exactly how it's constructed may not be as capable of enjoying it as me. Sometimes, ignorance can be bliss.
Honestly that sounds like you don't want to admit that musical ignorance can be a hindrance since it would be a hindrance to you. How much pleasure it might add I do not know, but I doubt that it would add no pleasure. Can you just admit that musical appreciation is an x factor that you can't quantify?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote