Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 09:00 PM   #15248 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
i'm more than willing to discuss this further btw. i feel like batlord and i have come to some sort of understanding, and i think he just took my sentiments to his situation as a general feeling that i have which isn't the case. i also was trying to rebut the idea that i'm close minded or ignorant to class based issues simply because of my parents income.

frownland, if you want to actually tell me what you're arguing then yeah, i'm down as well. but up to this point all i've got was student loans suck and some sarcasm.
Nah, not to sound like a condescending douche but I think you just need a bit of time in the real world with people other than the middle class or college kids to get a real feel for the lower class. I guess I can't sound like not a condescending douche with that but I think it probably took that with me. I've been working with these people for years and I know full well that "overcoming" the lower class mindset is not just an idea of doing your best with what you've got and that what you're saying may not be heartless meritocracy, but it does ultimately amount to heartless meritocracy that isn't even a meritocracy. I honestly don't think I know what else to say. Maybe Elph has something better to say as much as it makes me want to stab myself in the leg to say that.

Or maybe I'll think of something when I sober up, but it won't be something that agrees with you.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote