Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 09:23 PM   #15254 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah, yes, ultimately you can not get yourself out of a ****ty situation without trying. Obviously. Even in a pure communist society you do actually have to do something like grow crops or some ****. The point is that if you look at history, your point of view has only kept the poor poor and the rich rich. There is nothing in your meritocratic worldview that has ever uplifted any poor person who was not someone who was an outlier in his social class who would not have risen above their status with or without anyone's help. So what even are you defending? What is it that you want to keep? What is it that you want to discourage? WHAT IS THE ENDGAME OF THE BOTTOM OF THE CLASSES IN YOUR WORLDVIEW?
omg, i'm not defending anything. you attacked me first. and i then attacked your situation. i think poor people are genuinely ****ed in our society and hard work is the most reasonable to answer to trying to fix that. i'm not saying it's ideal i'm saying it's a ****ed up system and that's literally just about all they have if they want even the slightest chance to make progress. i think you should see by now that i've acknowledged it isn't easy and i can understand how their mindset makes it even harder, but i never tried to tie your personal situation into anyone else's. you're a lazy ****, there are plenty of people who aren't but who are way worse off than you. again, that's evidence of this ****ty ****ing system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Because juxtaposing your situation to his as an example of what working hard with good results is an incredibly common way to relay advice to someone.
except it wasn't just me juxtaposing. i was defending myself after he attacked me for depending on my parents amongst other things. i refuse to accept this argument as anything but you either not paying enough attention or misreading my argument. if you're too stubborn to admit otherwise then so be it, but that's exactly what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote