Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 05:19 AM   #616 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Ebar Morle Gachh Hawbo
Artist: Anupam Roy
Genre: Um, not sure: soft rock maybe?
Nationality: Indian
Release date: February 14
Position in Discography: ?
Fear Factor: High
Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? Not really, not Indian anyway
Average RYM Score: N/A
From Pakistan we cross over to India. This album has proven even harder to find than the previous one, so much so that I don't know where it is in his discography, nor even what genre it is! But it seems Anupam Roy is a composer and is known for his score for a whole slew of Indian films, so maybe it will be instrumental? Given how hard it was to find details on, it's surprising to me that Spotify have it, but they do, so let's check it out. Okay, not instrumental then, as he's singing. Music sounds nice, relaxed and sort of maybe soft rock or pop kind of ballad material to start off with anyway. Yeah: soft rock seems to be the way this is headed; some nice guitar work on the appropriately-titled “Rock and Roll” (title might be in English but it's sung, like all these songs, in his native Bengali) and generally speaking it's nice but I'd have to say nothing special stands out to me. Pleasant certainly.

Check out more from this artist? Meh, probably not
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Don't know

Expectation Index: 6