Music Banter - View Single Post - Sum Up A Member's Taste in 4 Bands or Less
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #181 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock View Post
I mean I'll understand the appeal to his anger and his image and account for lack of taste, but like I just don't understand how all his fans can be so apologetic to the ****ty, disgusting acts he did before he got traction. Like, do you look past that or what? Because it honestly just makes me wish he was dead.
That's condescending. I just like his music.

For him, I found his music before I knew the ****ty things he's accused of. I still like it because I enjoy music, I don't care about the novelty of music, just the music. I'm sure there are a few artists you like that have done ****ty ****ed up things that aren't public knowledge because they aren't in the spotlight.

If the accusations end up being true, because you have to give him the benefit the doubt, and I honestly don't doubt he'd done it because he seems emotionally disturbed, (she also seems like a shady bitch too so there's probably a middle ground) then I'll probably never buy anything from him again and just steal all of his music. But I can't sit there and high road anybody. It's just the most lazy and superficial appeal to morality there is. Okay, so you won't appreciate the music of somebody who is accused of doing horrible ****, you're so above me. I hope they give you a shiny metal atop your pedestal. For me, I'm not going to fake ****, I'm not going to deny indulging in something I really enjoy and I'm not going to do what the others do and rip any musical credit or merit that he deserves just because of the **** he's done. This art speaks to the souls of a lot of people like me, and it honestly helps because I am as emotionally unstable as him so why rip the one good thing he's doing in spite of the disgusting things he's done? This whole thing where I can't like his music because of this or that just comes off really fake to me. And I'm really good at spotting fake ****.

And as for his fans being apologetic, they're ****ing stupid. I have a bad habit of liking things with ****ty fan bases.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote