Music Banter - View Single Post - Sum Up A Member's Taste in 4 Bands or Less
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #190 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
XXXTeensensation was accused of beating and torturing a pregnant girl all while still getting tons of praise and accolades and rising to fame. I get why that would piss somebody off. But, yeah, you still have a good point.
I wasn't even aware of all that, and yeah I just looked it up (DAMN). I wouldn't know how I'd feel about listening to the music of someone like Gary Glitter or that guy from Lostprophets since I never have listened and don't feel any desire to for purely musical reasons, but I'd still say separate the art from the artist. And I suppose on a more amoral stance I'd say that I'd actually be more interested in his music. If his music is dark then I'd be fascinated on a psychological level to hear the music that would come from the head of such an individual, just the same as I'm interested in the psychological level of the music from a psychopath like Varg Vikernes as it's so isolated, bleak, and misanthropic. Art isn't supposed to be comfortable, it's just supposed to be worthwhile to experience.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote