Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #20392 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'll put those three on the list, but am I to understand that I've kind of accepted that any kind of Lovecraftian style horror, even not necessarily sci fi horror, is kind of hard to find? To be perfectly honest I think Romero zombie movies are actually closer to what I'm looking for than what I generally get unless they're just ****ty Lovecraft adaptations. I mean those movies are really about how the protagonists are just straight up ****ed in the face of an overwhelming enemy that can clearly never be overcome no matter what they do, which is kind of what I'd want from that kind of horror movie. Even though I'm not actually looking for zombie movies.
While it's very loose narratively speaking, I think that Tetsuo fits. There are classics like The Thing and Prince of Darkness, but ja you're right. It's not Lovecraftian at all, but watch Gerald's Game. I don't think I've seen a film convey hopeless dread so well.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote