Music Banter - View Single Post - Which sport requires the least amount of skill?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 06:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
What sort of running? Long distance? I can see skill in sprinting, posture and technique, correct form coming out of the blocks and whatnot. Long distance makes sense but if you're doing a 10k correct pacing and timing seems like a skill to me.

I was thinking something like strongman.
I was actually thinking first and foremost of 100 meter sprint. You don't have to pace yourself - you simply have to give all you've got in one go, and then it's back to the locker room. Sure, you can try to shave precious miliseconds off by being in optimal ready position just before the "go", having your weight moved towards the front foot as early as possible without getting a false start, but once you're running, you just do so in a specific, optimal way that every other runner will do exactly the same, and you don't change your tactics at any point and there will be no one in your lane and there's no need to even be aware of what the other runners are doing.

I'm not sure there's any sport with no skill involved at all.

I don't know enough about strongman competitions to have an idea of what techniques it might involve.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote