Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #6878 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
right, and the only reason esports fans care is because of all that resentment over being picked last in gym class for their entire teenage life.
The only reason "real" sports fans care is because they don't like their jock sports heroes being compared to nerd sports heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
na my main argument would be that video games require incredibly mental skills, it's a thinking game. i'm not gonna call a thinking game a sport. it's in that same category as chess for me i guess. i totally respect the amount of skill that it requires, and it takes incredibly dedication to learn the ins and outs, just as much as any sport does. but it's a different entity.
Give any real time to any esport game requiring serious hand dexterity and you will eat those words. You can know StarCraft back to front and still be garbage at it because you can't translate that knowledge to your hands. It's a pretty large component of the difficulty level.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote