Music Banter - View Single Post - If you could only listen to 10 artists for the rest of your life...
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 04:15 PM   #116 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
How long have you been listening to those artists? You're what, 20? You think you're gonna love those artists the same in 40, 50, 60 years? We're all taking a **** of a chance that we're gonna like those artists in all those decades. Might as well take a chance on some **** we aren't familiar with. Otherwise you might well find yourself in twenty years with albums you can't stand cause you weren't willing to admit to yourself that maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't feel about Converge the same way you felt when you were 20.
I basically agree with this, but it's easily solved by choosing artists with big, varied discographies. At least for me, I don't think my picks will get old for me. I'm 36 years old and doubt my tastes in music are going to radically change at this point. Expand, yes, but I doubt I'll wake up one day and despise my favorite artists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Well, first you have to read all 700 posts in this thread:- http://www.musicbanter.com/country-f...bob-dylan.html

Then you're ready to take MLM's advice, because Blood on the Tracks is a pretty faultless album. You have to sit and listen though because, you know, it's all in the lyrics man.

EDIT: Yeah, I picked guys I like, but who also have some slack in their discographies that I haven't explored yet. I didn't risk any new names, but I did leave off some favourites, (for e.g. The Allman Brothers) because I could probably sing to myself their entire repertoire, complete with guitar solos, if I got stuck for something to listen to.
I'm really bad at paying attention to lyrics. At least that means that I listen to vocals in Peruvian as easily as vocals in a language that I understand, but I'm not sure there's a single song I can sing all the way through without forgetting lines.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote