Music Banter - View Single Post - If you could only listen to 10 artists for the rest of your life...
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 04:31 PM   #119 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Have you been listening to 10 artists the past decade? I highly doubt any 10 artists will be anywhere near as intriguing in a decade if that's all we have to listen to. We will all almost assuredly be ****ing sick and tired of what we're listening to unless we take the chance to branch out, and even then...
Some have been with me for a long time, but my personal list of favorite bands is currently 72 bands long (Yes, I have a list. I'm a nerd, I know), so it's not like I'm listening to any artist non stop.

I've been listening to Megadeth since around 2000. Kylie since maybe 2002. Depeche mode about the same amount of time. Tori Amos since 2009, Dir En Grey since 2011.

Of course I would feel like a change if I didn't also listen to all sorts of other things along with those, but I do.

The only bands I've been into in a very, very big way that I hardly ever listen to anymore would be D-A-D, No Doubt and Metallica. Those all date back to my teenage years.

In this type of desert island scenario, there's really no way to guarantee that whatever you choose would hold up. What if you live to be 200 years old? Those better be 10 pretty big and interesting artist discographies then.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote