Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #274 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
From what I've seen, common core math makes a lot of sense and most likely helps kids understand large numbers and how to approach using them in math a lot better.
I help 4 children with their math homework every week. I can tell you that from my experience, common core is not about learning, but about control.

They don't even teach them the original / basic ways of math. They won't let you just add the fucking numbers together and get an answer. You have to round each number to the nearest 10, then to the nearest 100, then add those, then subtract the originals from the rounded, add those, then subtract that from the answer you got by rounding and adding. Or some stupid shit like that.

If you do it the old way and get the right answer, they count it wrong b/c you didn't follow directions properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapjunkie View Post
Any thoughts on the arising #MeToo-campaign? Imo it has gotten a bit out of hand undermining the real victims when Every girl on social media spams this hashtag..
I have seen some god awful fugly chicks post it and I had to [mentally] call BULLSHIT. And when a male posts it, they get laughed at. Like men can't be victims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I don't know why we don't offer trade school options in high school. Why not offer kids the knowledge of how to fix cars or weld when they're still in school? They'd clearly do better with that than Algebra 2 that they'll forget in a week if they even learned it in the first place.
Couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Compulsory education of any kind is a failure.
Forcing people to do things against their will is hardly the best approach to bettering our society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
What is the goal of compulsory education?
Control of the population. Push agenda into the minds of kids who don't know any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
in America education needs to be free and non-compulsory.
Free education sounds enticing. I think access to knowledge should be free in this day and age. But free education only comes from tax money. And taxation is theft. I can understand the argument that if we are going to be taxed anyways, we may as well use those taxes for something good like free education. Find a way to make education free w/o using tax money and I'm all for it.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote