Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 08:01 PM   #291 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I guess you have more experience than I do on the other end, but I don't think parents don't care about their kids or want them to succeed. But I can definitely believe that they don't necessarily believe in the education system as it is, even if they're too ignorant or lazy to conceptualize what they actually want the education system to be. But, again, I most definitely don't believe that they don't want their kids as that would not make any sense whatsoever given the evolution of life itself, as one of, if not the most powerful force in evolution is to make parents want their kids. I honestly think you're just pushing your prejudices against society on education and people in general.

Seriously, it would be a ****ing absolute evolutionary mind**** that parents didn't want their kids when they were basically the only evolutionary reason that those parents even existed in the first place. It's simply what life ****ing is.
Honestly I'd like to go a bit more into this because I think OccultHawk's point is a bit more pertinent than we'd like to think. I don't think parents don't care, but I think it's easy for parents to see school as a caretaker for kids when they're at work, and as a panacea for the idea of their children's future when it really isn't, and so they don't really try to question the whole idea. OccultHawk is kind of right that parents don't care, but not in the sense that they just straight up ****ing don't care about their kids, but school makes it easy for that part of themselves that wants an easy answer to win out over that part that legitimately does care and wants the best for their children, cause hey, the government tells them that there is an answer and who are they to question the establishment?

So like I've been saying, people are stupid and don't have any business deciding what happens in the world outside of their own lives. So I agree with OccultHawk even though I don't? I don't know. Thank god I don't have kids at any rate.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote