Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 08:03 PM   #292 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I guess you have more experience than I do on the other end, but I don't think parents don't care about their kids or want them to succeed. But I can definitely believe that they don't necessarily believe in the education system as it is, even if they're too ignorant or lazy to conceptualize what they actually want the education system to be. But, again, I most definitely don't believe that they don't want their kids as that would not make any sense whatsoever given the evolution of life itself, as one of, if not the most powerful force in evolution is to make parents want their kids. I honestly think you're just pushing your prejudices against society on education and people in general.

Seriously, it would be a ****ing absolute evolutionary mind**** that parents didn't want their kids when they were basically the only evolutionary reason that those parents even existed in the first place.
You make a good point from an evolutionary standpoint. I know this sounds like a cop out but right now I’m not up for getting into it. I know it’s kind of Chula-ish to reveal something like this but I didn’t miss a single question on the evolutionary biology section of the high school science teacher certification test. I’ll get into it more later if you’re interested but our political and economic systems make some basic seemingly obvious assumptions about human evolution incorrect. Keep in mind that with many species it’s evolutionarily advantageous not to concern yourself with the well-being off your offspring. Who’s more likely to get pregnant at 16, a well cared for child or a neglected child? Teen mothers are more evolutionarily fit than those who wait. Do educated men have more children? From an evolutionary standpoint, some dude in prison with six kids out there is king.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote