Music Banter - View Single Post - The best of tunes and the worst of tunes
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Default The best of tunes and the worst of tunes

2016 was incredible year for music. With Bandcamp and Spotify the middleman has been eliminated and the results are tremendous. There is so much excellent music being made available that top whatever lists impossible. It would take a century to weed through it all and computer algorithms are proving more valuable than human critics.

Fortunately, I only very rarely find myself in a situation where bad music is forced on me but this past week or so life has put me in three situations where I had to hear what someone decided was what the public wanted to hear. One was one of those downtown food truck courtyards. I know everyone is going to say well duh but I mean there was absolutely no redeeming value at all in the music they were playing. Like the music at in grocery stores is far better. In all three locations the music was soulless and lifeless. It was as rewarding as fishing in a toilet.

Honestly, with thousands of songs on my 2016 playlist I rarely bump into **** this unenjoyable. How do they even find this ****? It’s like there’s an entire ocean of diamonds but they manage to find the only fugazi.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote