Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #332 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
The teachers tell you that because it reflects poorly on them and the school if you do horrible on the test. They give you an example, like Occult did, on how to deduct the correct answer (there's always one or two ridiculous ones, so take those out and you got a 50/50 chance) if you didn't actually learn the material. But they always want you to guess for the chance that you get it right so the school doesn't look ****ty. I think this happened with, was it no child left behind? Where they would penalize schools for horrible test results. And you shouldn't have to just guess on any of it. You should know the material enough to give an educated answer rather than some random bull****. So if you knew only half of it, and with the proper knowledge of how to weed out the two ridiculous answers, there is a chance you get a 75% on a test that you only knew 50% of. Them saying that is the best example I could give of teachers not giving a flying **** if you actually learn, they just care about passing you on to the next grade.
There’s a public website where you can plug in a high school teacher’s name and it gives you a VAM (value added model) score based his or her students’ test scores. If you fall below the accepted margin of error the district puts you on probation. You can believe me or not, but the teacher has pretty much no impact on the test scores. I never fell below the margin of error. It’s just random.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote