Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Live Albums
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 02:56 AM   #35 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Thanks for this rec, MicShazam. It's a great album with lots of solid driving rock, though I especially like it when they slow down a bit for the extended If there is something and In every dream home. In my head at least, it makes a good companion-piece to the 801 album - and it's inspired me to check out other live Roxy material. So far, though Manifesto* seems a little slick and gutless compared to your rec. * Sorry - not Manifesto at all; I was misled by a YouTube label, and was actually listening to a live performance in London, 1979.

Anyway, thanks again
Glad you liked it!

And I like when the album slows down too. The only way the album could have been better for me personally, was if they had performed Sea Breezes. I love that song and the slow, atmospheric parts of it would have sounded amazing in this live setting. Still, Viva! is one of the best entries in the Roxy Music discography for me.

The only other live release I've heard of theirs (yet) is an album called "Live", from 2003. It's pretty good considering how far away we are from the prime of both the band and of Ferry's solo career. It doesn't hold a candle to Viva!, though. I still need to check out 801 of course.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote