Music Banter - View Single Post - If You Could Bring Just One Musician Back to Life...
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #27 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

People have made some good points about who is most worthy of being rescusitated. I agree that someone near the end of their career or someone who burned out on drugs and died by their own hand don't particularly deserve to take that "only one musician" spot. I would not, for instance choose Nick Drake, who perhaps had already said most of what he had to say.

A more worthy candidate imo would be Ritchie Valens. He died in that Buddy Holly plane crash, and the guy was only seventeen years old ! His recording career as a 50s heartthrob had lasted exactly eight months, and yet in that time he took the brazen step of insisting that his record company release La Bamba. At a time when the music industry on both sides of the Atlantic were frantically downplaying any hint of ethnicity, he boldy declared his Mexican roots. Who knows what he might've done if he had made it out of his teens ?!

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 10-29-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote