Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 05:07 PM   #47 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Nice to see someone else on MB enthusing about Joan Baez, MicShazam!
That Diamonds and Rust track you posted is one of many great songs that she wrote - especially interesting because of the Dylan connection. But perhaps my favourite JB song is her version of the traditional The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
If anyone was wondering just how embarassing my music library gets, here's bascailly everything that's on my records shelves (and thus also ripped to my hard drive).
Now, if anyone else wants to call me a pleb or whatever, you've got some more concrete things to use as ammo. If anyone wants me to recommend anything from any artist here, I'll gladly give my 2 cents.

All of my favorite artists

All the other good music I have
It's interesting to see all your music files, MicShazam. You are more strictly organized than I am; a key word in all my file titles is "etc." because I keep throwing similar artists in with each other...

Anyway, I thought I might take you up on your offer and ask for your opinion on Coco Rosie and Simple Red. For both artists, I've heard an intriguing track or two but don't know much else about them. Any specific recs?

Also, as you areclearly an admirer of the female voice, I thought you might like Juanna Molina from Argentina if you haven't heard her already:-