Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 09:27 PM   #748 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: HNDRXX
Artist: Future
Genre: Hip-Hop
Nationality: American
Release date: February 24
Position in Discography: Sixth
Fear Factor: Critical
Familiar with this artist? No; have heard one album and did not like it
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Average RYM Score: 2.93
What did I do? What did I say? Did I offend some tooled-up, blinged-out hip-hop god with fine biatches hanging off his arms like leaves off a tree? Did I mix up east coast and west coast rap? Is there such a thing as east coast and west coast rap? Well, I must have done something, to be subjected to, not two Future albums in the same year, but two Future albums in the same ****ing month! Forgive me, oh Tupac and Chuck D, or whoever runs the Hood In The Sky! I didn't mean it! Well, I probably did.

But damn it, I hated Future's first album of 2017, so is there any possible chance I won't hate his second? Lay yer bets, ladies, gentlemen and those undecided! Okay, well the first track is much better right from the off. Maybe this will be different. Actually, yeah: this is much better. More soul and r&b than the kind of dull hip-hop on the other album. I may actually like this. Hey: isn't the main theme of “Selfish” just “Stand By Me” slowed down a little? Good though. Does Rihanna add anything to this? Well, yes she does to be fair. A much better album. Maybe there is a future for this guy with me after all. Sorry, sorry.

Check out more from this artist? Maybe
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Expectation Index: 10