Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 06:56 PM   #15414 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Yeah that's fair enough tbh.

I reckon MLS will grow, might have said before that eventually I think top players will start to go there during their peak years. If the wages were on par with top European clubs then why not play over there? Especially if there was an intercontinental competition where the European elite played against the North Americans. That would mean you could play in the US and still play in top level competition.

I'm talking decades here though.
yeah it's inevitable. i hate the idea of football in a 20 team, one league format though. with play-offs at the end of a season and no relegation/promotion. drafts and salary caps. signing players out of college and all the sleazy actions that accompany it. the thing is, in america business owners frequently buy sports teams just as an asset. it's not like football where you have smaller local teams who give the Jamie Vardy's a way to make a name for themselves, or big teams a la Leeds getting relegated and changing the shape of a league. these variables are what gives football the most unique professional sport system in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote