Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 07:51 AM   #789 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Sick Scenes
Artist: Los Campesinos!
Genre: Indie Rock
Nationality: Welsh
Release date: February 24
Position in Discography: Sixth
Fear Factor: Moderate
Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Average RYM Score: 3.26
These guys seem to have a sense of humour anyway, taking the word for a Spanish peasant as their band name even though they're from Wales, and titling their first demo Death To Los Campesinos! Mind you, it will take more than a sense of humour to impress me if the music ain't to my taste, but it does help when a band doesn't take themselves too seriously. Hmm. Isn't this kind of Pop Punk? That's seen Elphenor off, then! But the frenetic, upbeat, somewhat irreverent tone of the songs does suggest that kind of genre. Of course I know **** all about pop punk so I could be totally wrong, and probably am. “A Slow, Slow Death” gets my attention; really like the brass in it, and the overall bouncy tempo of the song. Sadly, most of the rest of it is just all right, and nothing special really. “A Litany/Heart Swells” is good, but not much else stands out. Proof, I guess, of what I said earlier about a sense of humour not being enough.

Check out more from this artist? No
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Expectation Index: 0