Music Banter - View Single Post - Artists That You've Enjoyed for Your Whole Life
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 03:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

My parents never really had interesting taste in music. Back when I was a kid, they still had their LP collection, so at least there was some variety. A few compilation discs with hits ensured that I didn't completely grow up without good music.

Mike Oldfield - Moonlight Shadow
Queen - I Want to Break Free

These two are the only songs I remember from back then - from artists that I actually like now. It was mostly a bunch of material that I might feel nostalgia for, but don't actually like as such. Roger Whitaker, for example, really takes me back to the late 80's/early 90's. They must have had at least one complete album with him. An Abba song like Knowing Me, Knowing You is also like a complete mental teleport, but I only think they had some singles with Abba. I almost like Abba - at least as far as their best material goes. They're good for what it is, I guess.

Moonlight Shadow ended up being the real gift from my past. I tracked it down again a few years ago, purely because I remembered it from my childhood, and it turned out that Discovery and Crises are two really great Mike Oldfield albums that I'm very happy that I gave a chance.

Come to think of it, this song alone vastly outclasses absolutely all other music I even knew up to the age of around 12. I took me so long to figure out that I ****ing love music, simply because no one around me played anything all that good for years and years.

Last edited by MicShazam; 11-01-2017 at 03:35 AM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote