Music Banter - View Single Post - Trout Mask Replica vs. The Velvet Underground & Nico
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 07:24 AM   #187 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I wouldn't sweat it to much, Mic. I honestly have the opposite problem as I don't really know a lot about more recent music as I tend to be more of a twentieth century guy. And unless you're reviewing every album like Trollheart, I can't imagine anyone knowing everything about every genre in music. I can go deep into the sixties in general with the possible exception of jazz, which I like, but not really that into. But if you ask me about the electropop sensation that came out in 2013, I'm going to draw a blank.
I did look into a lot of rock classics several years ago. I even went through large portions of Rollingstone magazine's best 500 albums list. Plus lots of music documentaries and random exploration. I just don't connect with most 60's and 70's music, at least from the rock genre in general. There's still lots and lots I don't know about it, but why bother when you mostly find nothing to latch on to?
It's only recently that I've returned to the 60's and 70's. This time to go more in-depth with folk music and singer-songwriters.

A large percentage of the music I check out every year is from that very year, and the year before it. So yeah, I'm staying pretty current, and since time is a finite thing, that means less old music. I'm finding lots of good and great music, so I don't feel like I'm suffering from this approach

Basically... whatever works...
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote