Music Banter - View Single Post - Trout Mask Replica vs. The Velvet Underground & Nico
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #199 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I mean sure, I believe that you believe that you have come to a good and informed decision on this. But here's the thing: you are not informed on this album and haven't made a justified decision on this.
I wouldn't even say that I have. What I'm arguing is more accurately that sometimes making your decisions based likelihood an past experiences is a good approach. Just like I don't tend to go to clubs because I hated it all the previous times I went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Analogy time.

MicShazam: I don't like sushi.
Me: Bummer, where did you try it at?
MicShazam: Nah I haven't tried it because I've had fish sticks and didn't like them.
Me: Sushi is crazy different from fish sticks, you should still try it just to know.
MicShazam: I'm pretty comfortable with eating pizza, I'm just gonna stick to trying out new pizzas instead of eating something that I know I'll hate.
Me: How can you know that you'll hate it if your expectations are way different than what sushi is actually like?
MicShazam: Listen, I only have so much stomach, I can't just eat everything.
Me: *facedesk*
Yeah, well, Night of Hunters is nothing like any previous Tori Amos album, so go listen to that **** now.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote