Music Banter - View Single Post - Alice Cooper or Marylin Manson
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #49 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I do remember Alice Cooper. I think basically he was more of an entertainer than anything else. His shock concerts no doubt helped him to sell records. This was in the days long before MTV so a lot of what we heard about Alice Cooper was by word of mouth. Some of it may have been very well embellished like the incident where Ozzy Osbourne purportedly bit off the head of a dove (he did in fact decapitate a bat accidentally)

Note to Trollheart: Alice Cooper was doing golf photo ops around 1974 or 1975. There was a short write up in Circus magazine that I remember. Like I said, I'm not sure if had a picture with Crosby but it was definitely feasible.
Oh right. I must have read your post wrong. I thought you said Manson was seen with Crosby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hawk View Post
I'm not familiar with Manson.
He's a serial killer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
God damn it I seem to remember that I had something to say about this but I can't remember so hopefully give me time (they're ICP so they'll always be a meme and always will try to be). All I'll say is that give Hell's Pit a shot before you pass complete judgement. They had their moment of being more hip hop, but they were still ICP so... I don't know. But that album was still their best showing as a hip hop group. But it also had a really great showing as a justification of horrorcore as a genre itself, while also being what ICP's thematic concept could be at its darkest. Not expecting you to love it or anything, but at least it'll hopefully affect your opinion of ICP as a group with no creativity. It's one of the most idiosyncratic hip hop albums I've ever heard by a wide margin and is worth hearing.

Just one ****ing album, so don't be TH.

Oh, you wish!