Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 03:58 PM   #6939 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Yeah that was the main thing for me, I collected them in general. Worst thing I ever smelled was this, which literally smells like body odour - Déclaration by Cartier (1998) — Basenotes.net
I skimmed some of the comments on that page. I've never thought about how, of course, there would be a whole language for talking about the characteristics of perfume - just like with wine.

When I was a kid, we used to sleep over at my grandparents farm in a room that belonged to my aunt. There was a dresser with all sorts of things in it that we looked through out of curiosity. I still remember the incredibly powerful smell of this possibly not quite airtight bottle of perfume that permeated everything. It smelled like damp, fallen chestnuts and leaves on the ground in a forest - only amplified by a thousand. So I guess there's something for everyone - whether you want to smell like B.O. or a wet autumn forest.

EDIT: I sometimes find it interesting to dive into something I know nothing about for a bit, so now I'm sitting here, reading reviews of that perfume.
That's a way to spend your Saturday evening, I guess

I just thought this comment was funny:

"Every time I come across this, the same image flits across my mind; one I can't mention for fear of giving offense. So I'll keep it short: not for me. The cumin just makes it unwearable. Even worse, unlike 99% of other scents out there, I can't even imagine anyone else liking it, which clearly they do.

Declaration of love? More like declaration of war."

Last edited by MicShazam; 11-04-2017 at 04:07 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote