Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #6947 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Me neither. I get really fidgety the longer it goes on and take every excuse I can to get up from the table and go to the bathroom/go get some water/go outside and catch fresh air/go out in the kitchen and help bringing in or out some dishes or whatever. Hitting the wine hard makes it a bit more bearable, but that's obviously not a great solution. I don't know why it's so hard to just sit still like everybody else does.
^ Good to hear that someone else suffers this frustration too

Yep, I've employed all those kinds of techniques too, plus telling the host "I'd like to see that cd/book/plant", shamelessly padding along behind as they go look in their bedroom, attic or garden.
In fact, you and me, Shazam, should be the normal ones, not the minority. When we were looking around for nuts and berries in Africa we would keep moving; eat and move on. That's how we're wired and that's why, when I grew up anyway, children would perpetually ask, "May I get down please?" when the meal was over. Sitting around endlessly just isn't natural, imo; it's just a lazy habit that adults slip into.