Music Banter - View Single Post - Peer Pressure: Artists You're Not Supposed To Like
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 06:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Peer Pressure: Artists You're Not Supposed To Like

When you've been here for a while, you find there are generally some artists which are looked down on by the majority and which, if you listen to them or profess to like them, you're laughed at. Does anyone have artists they listen to that the majority would think uncool, not worth listening to etc? I mean, we're encouraged to hate Dragonforce (rightly), Nickelback, Eagles, Coldplay etc., and I personally feel that when I listen to bands like that for the first time, my perception of them is automatically coloured by a feeling that "the guys think I should hate this" rather than "I wonder what this will be like".

With my reputation it matters little to me, as most people here will say my music taste is **** anyway, but I wonder are there others who listen to bands that might seem "not on the approved list" as it were, and who those bands are? Also, how do others feel about the perceived idea that they "should" like or hate certain artists?