Music Banter - View Single Post - Paedantic Basterd Listens to the Past
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 06:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'm not for a moment challenging the premise of the thread - if Ped and others feel this way, that's fine - but personally I can't imagine why someone would "get out of" a band or artist they liked when younger. All of the artists I enjoyed when I was, say, 15, though I may not listen to them as much now as I did then, I still enjoy. Maybe it's because I listened to music I actually liked, rather than what was cool or on the radio, and there was no clique telling me what I should listen to. Or maybe it was because I wasn't ever really musical - as in, able to play a musical instrument properly - so I couldn't see flaws in the music. I don't know. All I know is, I can't point to any artist I used to listen to and slag them off now, or myself, saying "How did I ever listen to that?"
Because as you get older your taste either matures or changes, you hear more music, find new artists, other stuff appeals or you can relate to new things cos of life experiences and you realise the stuff you used to like wasn't actually that good. Or it was juvenile and a bit cringe worthy and appealed to you because you were a child yourself. I used to think some Backstreet Boys tunes were amazing but that's probably cos I had only heard about fifty songs.

imo of course
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote