Music Banter - View Single Post - Paedantic Basterd Listens to the Past
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 08:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Because the bench mark is low when you haven't heard much music, and even if it is all you know it doesn't mean you didn't like it at the time. Catchier music with more conventional structures tends to appeal more when you are a kid as well imo.

Re: your beef point I was going to make a similar point with taste buds and sweets but I left it.

But if you still like the stuff you listened to as a child I dunno maybe you were some dedicated music nerd straight away. The only stuff I still like is Garage really.

Cool just wanted to make it clear as it's Ped's thread.
I guess I was. I never liked the chart material. I'd listen to it, as at the time it was the only real way of hearing music, but mostly I just slagged it off. I think my first real bands were ELO and Genesis, and once I heard them I didn't want to have anything to do with the charts. I was also an avid reader of Kerrang!, so again, pop music and what was cool at the time had no interest for me. Maybe I was a kid out of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
This is just a theory, but my guess would be that Pedestrian does look back and say that since she is a different person from you.
Which is why I prefaced my remark with "Not to me". Try to keep up, I know it's hard.

As to MicShaz, who for some reason didn't get quoted though I hit the icon, well the same as above really. I LISTENED to pop, as I had no choice back then, and I bought it for my radio show, but other than that, I had no interest in it, so I guess I was always serious about music from a pretty early age really.