Music Banter - View Single Post - The Evolution of Your Search for Music
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 01:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Okay, just one goddam minute!
1) You're younger than me? By twenty-plus years? I assumed you were at least my age! Damn!
2) You got your username from a childhood toy?
3) You scavenged for tapes in gutters?
4) You have over six THOUSAND albums????
5) You're DOWN to listening to 5-10 a DAY? I can listen to maybe ten, but that's for my thread. Normally, one to three at most.
Wow! What a response! Well, let me answer your questions.

1) I'm 36. Haven't you seen all the photos of me? Now I've got to ask... how old did I sound from my posts? Could I moonlight as a grumpy old codger?

2) No I did not. I'd just substituted my UN for my actual name spoken on the personalized flexi-disc. The actual origin of my UN is a snippet from a stream-of-consciousness lyric from Underworld's most popular track, "Born Slippy.nuxx". The term was also uttered in a lyric by Cibo Matto and served as an early alias for Germany's Can. I sampled numerous recordings of the term spoken by various artists for bumpers for my web radio station in the early 2000s. (Still thinking of launching a few hundred stations if I can work out the blanket licensing.)

3) Of course I did. Didn't everyone? That's how I heard of Bad Company, Ugly Kid Joe, Suicidal Tendencies, Iron Maiden, Guns 'N Roses, and 4 Non Blondes. (I lived in a mecca of white trash suburbia at the time.)

4) Yes. Yes I do. I keep selling off classic rock LPs I've no attachment to in lots of 100-250 to local secondhand boutiques, but I've about a thousand ambient and proto-electronic LPs that I'll keep forever. The 160,000+ file digital library supplements the LPs and CDs for enhanced accessibility as I run my own server.

5) That's right. I can access my server from any web-enabled device so I have the entire catalog available on my trips to and from the office and during my workday every day. I'll keep a few tabs open for music research while I work. I get a lot done that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote