Music Banter - View Single Post - user reputation system
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
explosions-in-my-pants
angel of tragic days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
I see one huge flaw with that, certain users hold grudges with other users. Whats to stop them from just constantly disapproving the posts? Other then that it seems like a good idea.
Quote:
HAHA, but honestly. The way I see it would just another form of forum eltism "oh look! he has 12 negatives lets all immeditly assume hes a bad person before actually getting to know him or read his posts!" Elitism sucks, I see no need for creating another source for us to judge people off, having post counts is bad enough.
Quote:
While that is true for some members, but alot of people hold grudges and alot of people favor some equal to the grudges. They'd start handing out postives/negatives to whatever petty reasons, not the actual post.
i actually completely agree with you. i can name a few people that are like that on this forum and others. i don't think it would be fair to the people that will probably get things held on them, it wouldn't be fair for us to let it happen, and then nothing more then liekly would be done about it, it would then turn into a populaity thing.. as it would get harder and harder for this thing to work in the long wrong. it might be fun, but also hurtful to some. i don't think its a good idea.
explosions-in-my-pants is offline   Reply With Quote