Music Banter - View Single Post - The Grumpy Old Man Thread (or, Why Today Sucks)
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 07:48 PM   #66 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
AI has no free will but neither does organic life. You have to ignore that.
#Deep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I like Star Wars as much as any other shiny action flick but goddamn do you dumb ****s need to hop off of the franchise's dick.
Nah, I like the first three movies but I wouldn't really class myself as a major fanboy. I keep that **** for Star Trek.
Quote:
Too many Ewoks.
One Ewok is too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
That's idiotic. The two droids were clearly meant to have agency of their own. C3P0 less so, but R2D2 was clearly meant to be a completely conscious character with a personality. If you couldn't get that then you just don't understand human beings and how they operate. You're just an autistic monster who shouldn't be trusted with the emotional development of a goldfish. It wasn't even subtle. C3P0 was hinted at not being entirely not a robot, but R2D2 was completely obviously the legal definition of a person.
Clearly trolling, but anyway...

You're the idiot. You've fallen into the trap of thinking of R2 as a person, when he clearly was not. He was programmed, first by Leia to find Kenobi, then either by him or else maybe as a backup program to go to the DS with him. After that, maybe Luke reprogrammed him or the Alliance did, but it was always a program he was following. He had no will of his own. Just because he beeped and made funny noises and looked cute didn't make him a person. You can't hold a machine responsible for the lives it's used to take, unless you want to accuse the Death Star itself of being a murderer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You could only take maybe 30 photos before changing film and you had to wait a week to see if they turned out.
36 on a roll I believe, maybe 24. Black and white or colour? And yeah, leave the roll in to get it developed, unless you were one of those clever ****s who had your own darkroom. I wasn't. And don't forget being careful to take it out without exposing the film. Oh, and rolling the film back before you opened the back of the camera, too.
Quote:
I hate people who think they’re good at taking pictures and don’t use film though.
I was not a good photographer. I tried, I was okay but nothing special.