Music Banter - View Single Post - Peer Pressure: Artists You're Not Supposed To Like
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 02:33 AM   #97 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I manage to avoid Christmas music basically until the night I go to my grandparents house for dinner, and they love this Ed Ames Christmas **** album, so I've heard it once a year every year for 31 years on repeat and so it has some serious nostalgic value. Not something to listen to on headphones for whatever reason (meh), but in company it's surprisingly "cosy".

Not bad. It's very psalm like, which I can appreciate. Reminds me of certain Danish christmas tunes that I've heard every year at my parents house for my entire life. I don't know whether it's Stockholm syndrome or what, but it reads as enjoyable music to me. Under the right circumstances at least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Well, "All I Want for Christmas Is You" is the only good song she ever released in her entire god-forsaken career so I can't fault you too much.
I like a couple handful more, but it really is the best song she's done. If only she'd been a singer of old pop tunes instead of R&B, soul ballads and gospel.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote