Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Movimento" by Madredeus
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 10:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

I thought that overall the guitar was pleasant and accomplished. The vocalist reminded me of the Brazilian singer Juçara Marçal of Meta Meta crossed with Kate Bush. I think she's just serviceable and doesn't add much to the music outside of a few surprising melodic turns. Most of the time, the piano sounds a bit tacked on and unnecessary. The album serves really well as background music, as it's pretty inoffensive and the talented guitars give it a familiar vibe, but sitting back and focusing on the compositions makes it really obvious how unnecessarily derivative they are. There really isn't a lot here for me to dissect and there's not much here that makes me want to revisit it either. I'm not gonna lie though, when MicShazam said it was the best album ever recorded, I expected it to much much cheesier . I might throw this on again if it were cut down to a 6 track EP or something like that, but I'm just not into it. I'll give it a neutral five with one point docked for overstaying the **** out of its welcome. That home stretch is brutal. 4/10.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote