Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you Writing now?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #362 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Okay, I'm catching up ever so slowly. Did you ever think about self publishing, Trollheart? You can probably place stuff all over the internet and still be able to do that. I was going to set up a Wordpress site for what would have been my first novel but I ended up abandoning it. I'm actually in the slow process of editing my actual first novel (really a large novella) now.
Given how the world of publishing has changed, yeah I am definitely considering self-publishing. The drawback there is that you get absolutely no marketing, so you have to rely on people picking up your book themselves, without being directed to it. I mean, I hate marketing and advertising, but if you're selling something, dammit you need that. I have no idea about the potential pitfalls, but I will be looking into it. I did come across some crowd that would publish and market your book (almost wrote "some crows" - that'd be good huh? Crows that publish books! Well, better than Penguins I guess! ) for the low, low price of .... five hundred dollars! **** that. I'm not paying someone to do something I can hopefully do myself, and of course there's no guarantee they can help you. I'd love to get published properly, ie the old way, but it's the old story: can't get an agent unless you're published, can't get published unless you have an agent.

Quote:
The thing that sticks out for me on entries three through five is, 'He is coming.' You capitalize He which could mean maybe he's God, or perhaps some guy named He (somehow I don't think it's the latter ). In any event, this mysterious being must be somebody very important.
I hope you won't end up being disappointed by the ending here. Just bear in mind, as I'm sure you know, everything does not always tie up in a neat bow at the end...
Quote:
I'll read some more tomorrow, but so far it's pretty captivating. You're definitely a better writer than I am .
I'm sure that's not true. You should post some of your stuff. But thanks, and thanks for reading. More will be uploaded later.