Music Banter - View Single Post - Sexual Misconduct Pool
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #58 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd View Post
I have some stray thoughts about the subject.

1. How does one go about separating an artist from their art? I feel like, if the dam bursts, there isn't going to be anyone respectable left in any field. More and more, this entire thing is just making me feel like people everywhere are rotten ****. I don't judge anybody else for continuing to enjoy someone's work after their unsavoury character has been revealed, but for me every time there's a little twinge, a little bad-taste in my mouth to remind me that something awful happened as a result of this person's behaviour.

I'm all-around frustrated. I'm pissed that people are doing this **** in the first place. I'm pissed that my brain won't let me peacefully enjoy the products these asshats have created over the years. I'm pissed at the ****ing social circus this has become. And I'm pissed at myself for trying to reconcile the behaviour of my favourite artists and actors just so I can go on watching/listening to them without that alarm going off in my mind that shouts "HEY BUT DON'T FORGET THIS GUY'S A RAPIST".

2. I realized during this conversation that I've actually been Louis CK'd before. I just hadn't been thinking of it on the same terms. It's definitely not cool, although I continue to cope with it by making it into its own comedy routine.
Back to my earlier point, everything can be reduced to **** if that’s your criteria. Whatever it is you like, people guilty of nasty nasties made it exist.

Maybe EVERYONE hasn’t done crappy lame ass cruel **** but almost everyone has.

If I posted my ugliest confessions people would be like damn but that’s the same for most everybody.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote