Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Comprehensive Guide to Iron Maiden
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 05:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Track title: “Alexander the Great”

Again, Somewhere in Time, though I like it, is not one of my favourite Maiden albums. I feel it suffers from some very weak tracks (cue argument with MicShazam) and this is one of them.
Both right and wrong

While it is one of my favorite Maiden albums (so ok, spot on) I don't like Alexander the Great much. Favorite track of mine from this disc: Wasted Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Track title: “The Clansman”

Oh lordy! Thanks MicShazam! Only speak the name of the album and it shall appear on the playlist!
I guess one of the things I like a lot about this album is that I - unlike you - really find the songwriting appealing, plus I really like the guitar tones on this album.

And I do like this song quite a bit. It's got this folk metal feel that I think cool, even if it's no Blood Brothers in that regard. The quiet intro is quite nice too. There are better songs on the album but the only bad song on the album is the Angel and the Gambler... which you seem to think is the best one!? Heresy!
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote