Music Banter - View Single Post - Sdbm
Thread: Sdbm
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 08:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

YES! One of my favorite genres. I write in what little spare time I have and work best with depressive, melancholic static in the background.

Literally have heard this record 500+ times. A few groups I don't recognize in the thread, thanks guys!

Description I wrote for a blog a few years back:
Quote:
Who knew depression could be so goddamn catchy? Suicidal Emotions, written, produced, and performed by Australia-based Shane Rout, makes the case that even the bleakest of feelings retain sparks of creativity. Sure, the standard fare for ‘suicidal black metal’ can be found: heavy distortion with more gain than your standard washroom (brand name jokes!), indecipherable shrieks piercing the cloudy-cover riffing, an album cover featuring heavy scarring, and a band name/album title combination written in distinct, overwrought fonts. But while Abyssic Hate treads the same gravesoil as groups like Krohm and Xasthur, there is an embrace of melody that sheds the littlest glimmer of daylight on the listener. It is this duality that has kept Suicidal Emotions in my regular rotation for years.