Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #20499 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not sure if that's my fav, but as an intro it's brilliant. I love just how you can always hear a low hum throughout the movie when on the ship, and you obviously notice it the most at the beginning, and it makes just about every second of the movie tense in a way that seeps into your subconscious. But srsly it's hard to beat the chestburster scene. Plenty of horror movies and sci-fi horror movies have gore, but how many of them feel that ****ing real? That looked halfway between a horror movie kill and a future National Geographic special and I can't think of anything that's ever felt the same. When I pick Alien over The Thing it's **** like that that looks so realistic and immersive that helps put it over the edge.
I completely admit that I still involuntarily clutch my chest when I watch that scene
The movie just has this groundedness to it that no other movie in the same genre has had for me. I've mentioned before how I don't even like horror movies. Alien just has this incredible sort of flair to it that makes it something very special. Even as a Ridley Scott fanboy, I'll admit he hasn't come close to replicating that in any other movie. Like it's halfway some happy accident.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote