Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #20500 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I completely admit that I still involuntarily clutch my chest when I watch that scene
The movie just has this groundedness to it that no other movie in the same genre has had for me. I've mentioned before how I don't even like horror movies. Alien just has this incredible sort of flair to it that makes it something very special. Even as a Ridley Scott fanboy, I'll admit he hasn't come close to replicating that in any other movie. Like it's halfway some happy accident.
Might actually be both my fav horror and sci-fi movie. And Jesus Christ everyone talks about the Xenomorph, but how ****ing cool, nightmarish, and ****ing real does the facehugger look? Doesn't even look like a horror movie monster, and it isn't even something that goes RARGH DIE!!! The scene in the medbay when this hate**** lifeform is just lying on the peacefully unconscious dude's face without moving is like a dark mirror version of Star Trek and it's amazing. I'm glad HR Giger never did any more horror movie designs (that I know of) or else it might have become old hat rather than being the greatest anomaly in horror monster design.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote