Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Judas Priest the most consistent band of all time?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 12:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Still feeling like that? I'm apparently still able to fall 100% in love with an artist I've just bumped into somewhat recently. My current favorites are mostly artists that I bumped into less than 10 years ago. I really do love them at least as much as I loved Metallica, Megadeth and Ozzy back in the day.
When I say that I can't love another artist like I loved Metallica, I'm talking about when I was 12-14 and so into the band that I would obsessively download wallpapers and screensavers, and endlessly research the kind of banal trivia that only a dweeb fan could care about. I was also still just getting into music so I simply hadn't heard all that much. I mean I'm clearly a sad fanboy for Ke$ha, but I still can't feel that entirely pure love for her that a teenager can before jadedness and experience sets in. Or maybe I'm just remembering being a Metallica fanboy with rose colored glasses.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote