Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Judas Priest the most consistent band of all time?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 12:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
When I say that I can't love another artist like I loved Metallica, I'm talking about when I was 12-14 and so into the band that I would obsessively download wallpapers and screensavers, and endlessly research the kind of banal trivia that only a dweeb fan could care about. I was also still just getting into music so I simply hadn't heard all that much. I mean I'm clearly a sad fanboy for Ke$ha, but I still can't feel that entirely pure love for her that a teenager can before jadedness and experience sets in. Or maybe I'm just remembering being a Metallica fanboy with rose colored glasses.
I can only speak from personal experience, but for me, that hasn't changed much from since I was a teenager. It was always purely about the music for me. I would feel like a band made this music that really, really spoke to me. I still get that feeling, and then I fall in love with something. For example, take my infatuation with Cristina Branco. I learned of her music only about a year ago, but I already feel like I've known her music all my life. It speaks to me. It makes me feel like it was made just for me and my current state of mind. I don't think I got more into bands as a teenager than I do now. Could be wrong about that.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote