Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Judas Priest the most consistent band of all time?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 12:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Honestly I think I'm just a more jaded, heartless person in general, whereas back then I was a smelly kid with severely out-of-whack emotions that were desperate to latch onto something. Now I'm just too detached to really get that kind of feeling.

I ****ing love Hammerfall cause they, both musically and lyrically, show a pure, corny, bombastic love for old school metal that transcends all cynicism and reminds me of when I was a kid glued to my computer, downloading all the metal I could with my dial-up connection and feeling like all of this metal **** was new and magical. It reminds me of a simpler, more pure time that is now forever lost and it makes me legit cry. Hammerfall makes me cry. Especially this song.

Hammerfall can be fun. I'm not really into them as such, but their older material does have some kind of warm, nostalgic appeal for me. My younger brother used to be very into them.

About getting into artists like I used to... Then sure, the world doesn't seem as simple as it used to when I was younger. Life is more complicated, the world is a mean place and all that... but somehow, I never lost that ability to be blown away by some new music, movie, book or whatever. I feel like my love for Dir En Grey is as strong as my love for Megadeth was back when i was a teenager. Maybe that means that I'm naive and too easily impressed, or maybe it means that I never lost sight of what is after all really amazing about life. You tell me.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote