Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Judas Priest the most consistent band of all time?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 01:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Have you ever considered that no one hears about the Rwandan genocide anymore? It's not because the two sides have come to an understanding or because the UN has imposed peace. The Hutus legit killed the vast majority of the Tutsis within days and a smaller amount in weeks, making any further genocide pointless, cause they won. The ten percent or less of the Tutsis still alive are alive simply because they left the country and are currently living in ****ty refugee camps. Still happy?
No. I'm not saying it isn't complete ****. I'm not saying that all sorts of vile things aren't for real happening. Things that, when you realize just what it all really means, hit you hard, deep inside your soul. The world is complete **** - in many ways. The trick is to realize that it isnt' a zero sum game. No matter how terrible the world is, there' still going to be these silver linings. These moments of grace, that you can latch on to and be inspired by. I really do see the world as a scary and hopeless place in many ways, but I also manage to remind myself of ways in which life is this mazing miracle. All these things that I should be highly appreciative of, instead of succumbing to the trap of becoming a cynic who sees the world as nothing but suffering. It's a duality, and that means there's two sides.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote