Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 03:21 PM   #14307 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Because you're an unadventurous twat pretending to be adventurous by listening to adventurous music? You can't even be bothered to explore genres you're not already into, so why should anyone consider you a real music fan? You're just a bitch who only listens to punk, but who felt the need to listen to the more pretentious forms of punk so you could feel pretentious, and now you're happy to sit in your beanbag chair of mediocrity and pronounce judgement on other forms of music as if your taste isn't completely two dimensional, irrelevant, and ****ing boring.
Honestly, this was me circa 2008 when I joined here. There were so many genres I just would not listen to but KNEW they sucked, and had no problem saying so. Since the likes of "Love or Hate?" and my current thread I've discovered I was, in most cases, almost 100 percent wrong, and I know there's still tons and tons I need to hear and understand about certain genres, which is why I will never say things like "Punk is ****" or "Jazz is boring" anymore. Slowly (very ****ing slowly) and with initially great resistance and trepidation, I'm being dragged into the light, blinking and screaming, but the screaming has largely stopped, and now I'm looking around and discovering it's not such a bad world out there after all. There IS life beyond the music I've listened to for most of my life.