Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #14341 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I'm going to get genre whiplash. Right now I'm listening to your Kesha recs. But yeah, I've listened to Reverend Bizarre before. Any semi big doom metal band, I will be at least partially familiar with. But I can't say I know Reverend Bizarre intimately, so I'll have to give this more of a close lisiten.
Rev Biz are kind of easier, since they only have three full lengths, one being pure trad doom, the second being stoner doom with trad doom, and the third being a much more mixed combo with long, long songs between 20 and 30 minutes long where they just stretched themselves out as much as they could to have fun. But the first two albums were over an hour long and the third was a double album two hours long. And that's not counting the EPs that can be as long as many bands' albums. So they're absurd with sounding like they have less material than they really do. They're self-consciously ridiculous in a fun way.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote